So …we’re on Day 8 of my weight loss journey! For those of you who haven’t already read my Weight Loss journey Day 1 post, you can here !
I’m actually feeling pretty great, my days do feel a lot longer due to us getting up a little earlier but I feel like I’m enjoying getting back into the gym (minus the constant muscle ache HA)! Me and the boyf have managed the gym 3 times last week and 4 times this week. We’ve worked out a schedule which suits us:
Monday – GYM
Tuesday – GYM
Wednesday – GYM
Thursday – REST day / Cardio
Friday – GYM
Saturday – REST DAY
Sunday – REST DAY
Here’s a little doodle *
cough* child’s drawing of one of my workouts:
1.STRETCH – Most important part, since I don’t want to injure myself!
2. HIIT – 10 minute HIIT work out on the running machine. I’ve been doing 40 seconds light jogging, 1 minute Sprinting then back to 40second jogging and so on. Alternating the speed frequently shocks your body. You don’t want your body to find this easy!
3. WEIGHTS – 3 sets of shoulder press (can we just stop for a moment to checkout the drawing of this…Like, what are those arms all about? I used the shoulder press machine for this exercise although the drawing begs to differ.
4. WEIGHTS – Leg lifts with 6kg free weights. I lift my leg up while the other leg is stationary on top of the bench. Repeating on the same leg 10 times. Feel the burn with this one!
5. WEIGHTS – Tricep dips. 3 sets of 10 reps.
6. ABS – I usually spend a good 15 minutes working on my abs towards the end of my workout. I’m starting with 30 second planks (work my way back up to the one minute bad boy). I do 3 x 30 second planks but usually split this up in between other ab workouts – I hate planks thats why! I try and do a few sets of leg raises while laying on my back hands underneath my bum, slowly raise my legs up. On the way back down don’t put your feet on the floor, bring them back up repeat until 60 seconds is up.
7.HIIT – I usually end my workout with another 10 minute HIIT work out on the running machine.
Measurements as of Day 8:
Left 26.5 inches // Right 26 inches
WAIST (Measured round belly button)
WAIST (Under bra)
Left 12 inches // 12.5 inches
I’ve decided not to weigh myself this time round, I don’t want to become obsessed with the idea of weighing myself all of the time. It’s not healthy. I will be weighing myself just before next weeks update so keep your eyes peeled for that!
Let’s talk food! I absolutely love food and I’ve tried calorie counting before and it has worked to some extent. But in all honesty, I really can’t be bothered to punish myself when I’m working out as much as I am, it’s also probably not healthy to either. I am however having a balanced vegetarian diet – at the moment I’m still eating fish, I don’t eat eggs nor do I eat cows milk anymore though! A typical meal for me is: a piece of haddock / salmon or cod with lots of broccoli, cauliflower and sweet potatoes. I’ve started making my own vegan protein ice-cream for pud too (recipe coming tomorrow!)
If you’ve got any TIPS and TRICKS for my weight loss journey PLEASE SHARE! And if you think I’m doing anything wrong / anything I could add to my workout let me know in the comments too!