I hope you’re all fabulous and well. First things first, I have been super absent on the weight loss front, due to my foot being out of action for a while! If you don’t follow me on Twitter, I stood on a sewing needle and part of it snapped off inside my foot OUCH! I had an operation to remove the needle, yeah drastic I know! But now I’m all better and back on the gym grind yay! I haven’t weighed myself since last time because I know I’ve probably either gained weight from not exercising or stayed the same (I’m hoping for the latter but I’m pretty sure I’ve gained oops!) Anyway, I’ve been a veggie / pesc since January so I thought I’d share with you an occasional day eating with me!
This week I swapped out my dairy margarine and cheese for vegan alternatives. I stopped drinking cows milk since February time but now I’m feeling I want to switch out other dairy products! Let me tell you, the margarine tastes just like dairy marg and the cheese is delicious too!
So I started the day with some ready brek with soya milk topped with frozen blueberries. I love adding frozen blueberries because they melt away and make the ready brek taste SO good! If I’m going to the gym I’ll add some protein powder to the mixture.
For lunch I had 4 cream crackers (I know, naughty, but I had a major cheese and crackers craving that NEEDED taming!) I used the vegan butter and vegan cheese, topped with some crushed avocado mixed with hot chilli flakes and garlic. YUM
Next up I had a banana vegan milkshake! I just blended two bananas, some soya milk and ice. Sometimes I will add protein powder just to get some extra protein in my diet.
This is when naughty Imogen knocked on the door, I got way too excited to try the quorn veggie nuggets so I had these with homemade spicy sweet potato wedges and some cooked spinach. And boy did I add way too much spice, these burnt my mouth off! Almost as much as when me and Liam tried the hottest chilli ha you can watch that HERE ! Our normal dinner would consist of a curry packed with vegetables and potato / polenta or a stir-fry.
Keep up to date with my daily life on my Social Media Links:
YOUTUBE Miniature Milk
FACEBOOK Miniature Milk
How To Make Healthy Vegan Ice Cream – Yes It’s Possible!
Ok – so I hope by now you know I’m on this weight loss train, and by weight loss train I mean I’m on the losing-weight-but-can-still-treat-myself-train. Girls gotta treat herself once in a while,
*cough* everyday are you with me?
When you find some funky recipe that tastes GREAT and it’s healthy you gotta share! AND at only THREE ingredients you can’t complain really…
RECIPE (COURTESY OF MY LOVELY COUSIN)
CHOPPED BANANA (FROZEN)
SALTED CARAMEL PROTEIN POWDER // VEGAN PROTEIN POWDER
VEGAN PEANUT BUTTER
BANG IT IN A BLENDER, AND BOOM TASTY, HEALTHY ICE CREAM! I POPPED THE ICE CREAM IN THESE CUTE DISHES YOU ACTUALLY GET WHEN YOU PURCHASE A GU DESSERT!
DON’T FORGET TO ENTER MY GIVEAWAY!
See how I’m getting on with my weight loss here
Tasty Curry Recipe – Full Of Fibre and Protein. Super Healthy And Tastes Delicious.
SUPER HEALTHY VEGETARIAN CURRY
Since becoming a vegetarian, I’m becoming more creative with my cooking. I’m having to find more ways of packing fibre and protein into a meal than when I was a meat eater. This curry is packed with lots of different flavours and textures, super healthy and super tasty! Let me know down below if you would try this recipe!
INGREDIENTS – Serves 3
Meat Free Chicken pieces / Quorn (nutrition info) – Half a bag
1 Tin of chick peas
2 Sweet Potatoes
3 Cloves of garlic
Sprinkle of Kale
Firstly, you want to drain the chickpeas. Pop them into a sieve and run cold water over them. Chop the onion up into small chunks. Add them both to your pan, with a small amount of water. While the onions and chickpeas are heating up Peel and chop your sweet potatoes into chunks and add them to the pan.
Add two teaspoons of Turmeric, chopped garlic and Paprika to the pan and stir. Add vegetable stock and keep on the heat until the potatoes and onions are tender. Add a spoonful of tomato puree and a spoonful of red pesto to the curry. Add a sprinkle of chilli flakes (or the amount depending on how spicy you like your curry). Grate half a ginger stick into the curry and mix well.
Pop your rice on the heat. Once the curry mixture feels tender, add in the quorn pieces (or meat free chicken). These usually take between 12-15 minutes. Once cooked add in the kale for a further two minutes.
Voila ! Tasty Superfood Veggie Curry packed with protein and fibre!
DON’T FORGET TO ENTER MY GIVEAWAY!
SUPER HEALTHY GNOCCI BAKE VEGETARIAN / VEGAN OPTIONS – UNDER £6
1. Fry off onions, garlic and mushrooms.
2. Boil the kettle, in a deep pan stir in the vegetable stock,
add black pepper, chilli flakes and ground white pepper.
3. Boil butter beans and chick peas in stock for 10-12 mins.
4. Part boil broccoli with chick peas and butter beans for
5. Add the onions, mushrooms and garlic to the chick peas,
broccoli and vegstock pan, chuck in 500g of gnocchi and let
simmer for a few mins making sure the mixture is mixed well.
6. Put the mixture in an oven proof glass dish.
7. Sprinkle kale on top and cheese (vegan option without).
Twitter : imrose1 Facebook: Miniature Milk
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
Thanks for checking in!XOX
Chocolate avocado and peanut butter cookies
3 table spoons of cocoa
4 table spoons of brown sugar
70% or more dark chocolate pieces
White chocolate buttons (OPTIONAL 😉 )
1 egg (ADD almond milk instead for vegan option)
1.BLEND the avocado until a creamy paste texture is formed.
2. In a separate bowl stir the sugar, cocoa and egg (or almond milk) This should be a thick paste consistency.
3. Stir the avocado and the cocoa paste together and chuck in the chocolate pieces.
4. Pop the mixture on an oven dish (BE SURE TO SAVE SOME MIXTURE IF MAKING PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES). Add a dollop of peanut butter on a few of the cookies. Use the rest of the cookie mixture to cover the peanut butter.
5. Put the cookies in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
6. Add Giant white chocolate buttons.
ENJOY 🙂 xoxo
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
Hi guys 🙂
Thought I’d share this easy peasy recipe I threw together whilst at the beginning of my weight loss journey. Over the past 5/6 months I’ve put on a bit of weight and now it’s time I do something about it!
This little bunch of greenery is high in fiber, low in calories with added protein – very tasty too!
To make this little green garden (266 cals) you will need:
- 1 ryvita cracker bread ( I used the pumpkin seed one)
- Raw or cooked spinach ( raw is better for you but I used cooked in mine)
- 3 Asparagus tubes
- 3 tender stem Broccoli florets
- 1 medium egg
- Half an avocado mashed up
- Chili flakes and white pepper for seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon of vinegar
1. First of all I cut the avocado in half scooping out the inner section – this is SO SATISFYING !
2. I mashed up half the avocado into a cup and mixed in A LOT of chili flakes (for those of you who have seen me and my boyfriend eating the worlds hottest chilli, you will know my tolerance to spicey food has gone sky high – I now eat hot chicken butterfly at Nandos HA! And that is quite something coming from a girl who started out on mango and lime!) Anyway, going off on a tangent now…
3. Then, while the kettle was boiling I washed the spinach, asparagus and broccoli florets and Crack 1 medium egg into a cup.
4. Kettles done! Pour into a deep pan, mix the water with one teaspoon of vinegar.
5. With the excess boiling water pour a little into a frying pan and pop in your broccoli and asparagus (3-4 mins should make them crunchy and slightly tender).
6. With the large deep pan swill your water and vinegar until it creates a whirl pool. Carefully place your egg in. Cook for around 2-3 mins.
7. Spread your mashed up spicey avocado onto your Ryveta.
8. Add in your spinach to the broccoli and asparagus if you want it to be cooked.
9. Assemble the veg on the Ryveta, chuck your egg on and…
The boring stuff – (source : my fitness pal)
Hope you enjoyed this very easy brunch lunch in ten steps:) give it a thumbs up if you did xxxxxx
Mini milk 🙂
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
❤ Give me some love on Bloglovin!
I have been on juice plus for around 4 weeks now – I have been tracking my progress by weighing myself and taking measurements. I’m hoping to have a bikini bod for my holiday in September (we can all dream and hope to look like Miranda Kerr ;)). Usually around two weeks into a fad diet I start to feel demotivated and generally sick of being controlled by a book or website to see me through. Juice plus has made me become extremely inventive with trying out new recipes. It’s made me crave even more fruit and veg. And to top it off I’ve lost 6 1/2 pounds in 42 days. Now I know this isn’t as good as some fellow juice plusers… But I have treated myself on the weekend and taken it at my own pace. Here is one of my juice recipes:
HANDFUL OF GRAPES
DASH OF SOY MILK
VANILLA JUICE PLUS
LOTS OF ICE
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog 🙂
Lots of love,
Mini milk xxx