Welcome new and existing readers! I have now moved over to www.imogenrose.co.uk
Make sure you check me out over there for new content and a hot new look!
You can add me on Bloglovin so you never miss a new post >>> Imogen Rose Bloglovin
Check out the latest from miniaturemilk.co.uk
I think I’m addicted to PokemonGo
Now if you’re here because you want to know what the owner of Miniature Milk gets up to in her spare time – you’ve come to the right place! BUT BOY IT AINT GONNA BE PRETTY. If you’re here for a good giggle, I aim to please and if you’re here because you want to laugh at me for being a sad little creature then I salute you!
Let’s face it PokemonGo is taking over, I’ve spent more hours on PokemonGo this week than I’d like to admit but let’s get down to the nitty gritty and talk about Pokemon Problems.
Let’s talk Pokemon problems…
1. Number one is going to touch on a very important issue when pokehunting – you ALWAYS need GPS (yeah we know that Imogen) Let me just explain. Because this week I got VERY excited playing Pokemon Go on the tram (we will get to that stupid part later) – My Pokey girl walked past a gym with a substantial amount of pokemons with low CP (if you don’t know what CP is, it’s basically their health and power or some shit). So, I thought ‘you know what, I’m gonna give this a go!’ There I was with my raticate ready for a fight, I win 2 rounds and the 3rd round begins… THEN THE TRAM PULLS OFF, EVERYTHING GOES BLACK AND BEFORE YOU KNOW IT I’M IN A TUNNEL WITH NO GPS! You can see where I’m going with this one can’t you… Don’t think you can have a quick sesh in the gym while you’re on a tram, or any moving vehicle for that matter! You’ll thank me later…
2. We all love a good Poke stop being turned into a pretty pink fluttery stop because you get never ending pokemons to catch but come on Pokemon, give us more than just a Drowzee!! This happened the other day to me, I must have caught 12 Drowzees in one go!!
3. If you haven’t already downloaded Pokemon, I would suggest you don’t, number 1 it consumes your life (and the secret real reason is so it stops it crashing hehe!)
4. That pesky Jynx- oh why are you so hard to keep in that god damn ball!? Am I not spinning hard enough? Do you not think I will train you well enough? Please give me a reason, I need a little closure.
5. Once you’re past level 5 you start to make excuses to family and friends, justifying that the app is not just a game, you get more exercise (especially when you want to hatch your eggs muwhaha!)
6. Don’t you ever let anyone tell you that you’re wasting your time! You catch those rare pokemons, fight those battles and walk your little arse off (you never know, you might also get that summer bod before the end of summer and to those of you who already have it well done you, you get a shiny gold star).
7. Relationships now have extra people in them. Those pokemons won’t catch themselves – go ask your boyfriend / girlfriend if they want to go for a pokehunt walk see what they say #datenight
8. Pokemon has been so popular since it came over to the UK, it’s had its fair share of issues. How many times do I have to catch a Pokemon and right after the second ‘gotcha’ appears on the screen my phone crashes. Great! I think POKEMONGO owes us all at least 20 rare pokemons each for the ones we did catch, before a frozen screen appears!
9. Pokemon Go is so sociable! I’ve spoken to so many people while I’ve been Pokeyhunting, people I would have never, ever had the pleasure of meeting…
10. Although I’ve said it’s sociable, it did cause a little bit of uproar in my family.. My brother defriended my dad on Facebook (so 2016) due to a misinterpretation of a status he put up about Pokemon hunting. Say no more, maybe discuss your Pokemon hunting with the under 40s because some people will never be happy you’ve caught 223 pokemons while walking around a children’s play park at the age of 29!
11. When you find a GREAT Pokemon to catch but then you run out of Pokey Balls – #lifeover
Thanks for reading xxx
You know those days when you look in the mirror and just feel like a big blob!? Well, today I had one of those days (I’ve been having that feeling a lot lately). I’m not just talking physically I feel very unhealthy in myself and groggy / little or no energy. That’s when you know you need to take action! So me and the boyfriend thought enough is enough, let’s see if we can eat clean for 1 month. We’re giving ourselves from today (17th July) a 1 month target and then by then hopefully the routine well naturally follow! I hope you all can see once I’ve written it to the people of the Internet it actually needs to happen and can’t just be a throw away goal HA!
Since becoming a vegetarian I have noticed I’ve lost a little bit of weight which is good but I’m still binging on unhealthy bits which isn’t good! It’s that feeling of giving into temptation and then the moment it hits your lips the shame and regret smacks you right in the face ha!
I’ve also been paying for gym membership for the past 4/5 months and not going nearly enough as I would like to. They say you have to start with your food and everything else will follow. So I’ve stocked up on avocado, bananas, peanut butter and my blender is at the ready! Now let’s do this! Who’s with me?
Any tips and tricks are greatly appreciated 💗 xox
Sleek Precious Metals Review – Is it really worth the blogging hype?
I maybe late on the band wagon – but hey at least I’m there! Sleek have been doing a mental offer recently, two items for £10 in most Superdrug stores so how could I miss this opportunity!? I have been scouring the Internet for the precious metal highlighting palette review ever since this little beauty came out. And now I’ve managed to bag myself one! But, is it really worth the hype?
I say hype… In the blogging world I feel like there has been a hell of a lot of hype surrounding this palette but my sister actually tried this when it first came out and wasn’t astounded by it so maybe that’s one reason I didn’t jump on it straight away (another being, I’ve been so skint lately ha!) anyway that said, this offer made it hard for me to resist. Let’s jump right in…
I swatched them to show you how Pigmented each pan is. From top to bottom swatches: antique bronze, Renaissance gold, Royal gold and platinum.
Firstly, how beautiful is the packaging!? The metallic casing looks chic and expensive. I love where Sleek are going with this product it looks much more high end but keeping to a high street budget. The pans included are platinum top left, Royal gold top right, Renaissance gold bottom left and antique bronze bottoms right. All of them are cream products except the antique bronze powder in the bottom right. I have used the platinum highlight to strobe my nose length, cupids bow and to highlight underneath my brows. The staying power of this palette is good, I use a fixing spray after I’ve finished my makeup so this also might help if you do find the product sliding around. But I find if I apply it with my beauty blender in patting motions rather than sliding motions I don’t have this problem anyway.
100% worth the hype! It gives a gorgeous buildable highlight which you can easily control. You’ll be a shimmering fairy in no time with this product! My favourite in this palette has to be the platinum, I think it’s incredibly versatile and not like any other highlight I’ve found so far! What’s your favourite from this palette?
Hope you’re all doing fabulous. Lots of love xxx
YOUTUBE Miniature Milk
FACEBOOK Miniature Milk
Top tips on banishing negativity.
I wanted to touch upon something this week that I’ve tried to implement throughout the latter few years of my life – and that’s banishing negativity.
Some people, unfortunately just ooze negativity. I’m sure we’re all capable of the odd negative thought or comment but I’ve noticed some people just give off that negative vibe. Having friends, partners and family members who constantly pull you down is not what you need. Everyone needs compliments, advice – and constructive criticism at a push. I think as you get older you learn who your friends are and it’s no longer about that mighty friendship group. It’s more about the select few amazing individuals you can rely on for support, advice and who you can be your weird little self with. In the past I’ve had best friends / partners that have put me down, although maybe not always intentionally or maliciously. I always try and see the best in people and put it down to the way an individual has been raised or what kind of people they may surround themselves with. It’s horrid being made to feel inferior, being put down constantly and emotionally blackmailed. There’s banter and then there’s down right rude individuals. I don’t want this to turn into a negative rant (ha how ironic!) so I want to jump right in to tips on how you can distance yourself from these kinds of people and how to surround yourself with positive and happy people who want you to be successful and help achieve your dreams.
1.Get rid of negative people.
If someone is doing any of the above I mentioned; may that be: showing signs of jealousy, telling you you won’t be able to achieve your dreams, making you feel guilty for seeing other friends / family members instead of them or putting you down ect simply get rid of them. Just because you’ve known someone for years and met them in school doesn’t give them the right to have such a negative influence in your life. Trust me I’ve been there and it can be difficult at first to cut people out of your life but in the long run both of you will move on. Some friendships and relationships just don’t work out, people grow apart and that’s OK!
2.Communication is key – This ties in to the first one. As I mentioned earlier, sometimes if your in a routine of being negative, thinking negatively, talking negatively – you might not even notice they’re doing so. Communicate with others, if someone is being too negative tell them. They may not realise what they’re saying effects you the way it does. After you’ve had ‘the chat’ and nothing changes then like I said in number 1 – get rid.
3. Look for others who share the same dreams, aspirations and hobbies as you. That way you know they will be supportive of you because you can be each others support mechanism and help each other grow! Two heads are better than one. I always find when I’m around creative people I can bounce off their positivity.
4. Compliment others. Compliment and praise your work mates, friends and family. It’s easy to get stuck in a routine and take your nearest and dearest for granted. Leave little positive notes around the house for your boyfriend / girlfriend / mum / dad / sister / brother to find. Just let them know you’re proud of them. It will make their day I swear! I’m also guilty of getting caught up in routine. I’ve been living with my boyfriend for over 18 months and it’s easy to rely on that person for everything but sometimes you take it for granted when you get caught up in everyday life.
5. Create a dream board! This is where you can get creative. Make or buy a pin board. Write down your short and long term dreams. When you’ve achieved one keep it on the board and make it a different colour or circle it with a colour to show how amazing you are!
6. Have dreams and goals as a couple. This one is for all my fellow couples out there (sorry singletons but you’ve got it easy, you’re independent and can chase all those dreams on your own, now go be sassy until number 7.) Create dreams with your partner, and write these down too! You can make a couples wish list in order to keep the excitement alive and for your relationship to flourish. Routine gets the better of you and it’s good to add spontaneity to your life.
7. Stay mindful – and I mean in both senses be mindful of your environments and surroundings but also practice mindfulness. Exercising, meditation and getting creative are great ways of keeping your mind stress free.
Remember that you can make friends at any age and don’t stay around someone because it’s the only option – we only have one short life so smile more, be silly and dream big! You’ll get there, promise 🙂
Lots of love xxxx
YOUTUBE Miniature Milk
FACEBOOK Miniature Milk
Check out how I style Festival Fashion – Parklife edition
This is long overdue. I’m sorry – life’s taken over the past few weeks, I’ve started a new job (yay!) which I’m gratefully loving, new career, new direction so I’ve been mega busy and my blog has been getting some weekly loving but nowhere near as much as I was posting 😦 I do have reasons as well as me starting a new job! Something very exciting has come up – I was contacted by the lovely managing editor of julietturnsthepage.com to write for her website which I’m SUPER excited about! You can have a little nosey at my profile here
It would be amazing if you could show me some love over there 🙂
I’m also trying to step up my game with YouTube at the minute, I have lots of ideas of new vids coming up so make sure you don’t miss me…..!
Anyway… Let’s get to the nitty gritty it’s what you all came here for 😉 – Festival season is upon us and my first one this month was Parklife, Manchester. It featured chemical brothers, Hannah wants, Jamie XX, Jasper Jones, Katy B, DJ Koze, Meme and LOADS more. I couldn’t help but take the opportunity to dress up as a glitter fairy (yeah yeah I know this look may have been over done BUT I LOVE IT MAN!).
GLITTER ME UP
I started with the glitter hair fashion statement. I mixed up fustian glitter with silver glitter and wet look hair gel. I popped half my hair up into a bobble and slapped on the glitter to my routes! This look was inspired by Tasha Leelyn on YouTube which I’m sure you’ve had the pleasure of watching already!
I took some tiny coloured gems which I found in the £1 shop! Now, this is where I improvised and got creative. I added 3 gems to the middle of my forehand and added silvery glitter around them sticking them on with eyelash glue! I say the spontaneous the better that way you will create a super individual look to suit your own style. Go crazy with colour and you’ll stand out from the crowd!
I had a cracking time at Parklife – did any of my lovely readers attend? And are any of you guys planning any other festivals this year?
Lots of love xxxx
YOUTUBE Miniature Milk
FACEBOOK Miniature Milk
Today I’m bringing you a skincare review…except this is a very exciting one as I have tried and tested five products from the Arbonne range. I was contacted by the lovely Maimie Yelland an Arbonne consultant to try out one of their skincare ranges for myself. I told her I have fair and dry skin and that I wouldn’t necessarily say my skin is sensitive to many products. Maimie recommended I try out the FC5 Moisture Fresh Complex range.
Arbonne is a Swiss ultra-premium brand and the products are botanically based, Vegan Certified, pH correct, Hypoallergenic, Dermatologist Tested, Certified Gluten-Free, Kosher Certified, Drug Free and Cruelty-Free. They claim to have no hidden nasties! Sounds good right? So I delved in to try these products out for myself.
FC5 HYDRATING CLEANSER FRESHNER
For a Cleanser I usually use the Soap & Glory – peaches and cream. I’ve been using this for a good three months now so to break away from my usual routine – I was a little bit apprehensive to say the least! Nevertheless, I gave it a go. After taking my make-up off at night I took a small amount of the hydrating cleanser and I massaged it into my face in circular motion, ensuring my whole face was covered. I then left the cleanser on my face for a couple of minutes before heating up a clean flannel in a bowl of steamy hot water. I then placed the flannel over the top of my face and pressed gently to remove the cleanser. Once I had done this my face felt refreshed and rejuvenated. The consistency feels quite thick and feels extremely moisturising on the skin. I like to apply my cleanser in this way as it gives you a more intensified feeling of cleanliness after a day of heavy makeup. I have no idea why I was apprehensive because I genuinely feel like this could be my next full time cleanser! I rate it a 9/10 and recommend it especially for dry skin types.
Next up is the NURTURING DAY LOTION DAY WITH SPF 20. I have tried a number of different day creams and I tend to prefer a creamy consistency to moisturise the skin. I have a lot of dry areas that need constant rehydration. For me, this day cream was very thick, moisturising and can easily be used before priming your skin. This product is SPF 20 which is great to protect you on an everyday basis. I give this a 7/10.
ARBONNE MAKEUP PRIMER
I also tried the ARBONNE PRIMER which funnily enough reminded me of the Benefit the PoorFessional Pro balm primer, although I loved the ARBONNE primer more than the Benefit one. For me the Benefit primer becomes quite bitty in texture and separates as you apply it, leaving an ugly residue which isn’t a good base before you apply foundation. This was different, it was easy to apply to the skin and left a smooth, soft, silky base ready to apply a full face of makeup. I also noticed that the primer made my foundation stay on slightly longer than it normally would without the primer. Because of its thick consistency it smoothed over fine lines, blemishes and spots nicely. Overall I give this Primer at a whopping 9/10.
HYDRATING EYE CREAM – I am quite naughty when it comes to eye cream and I don’t usually include an eye cream in my skincare routine. I know, I know its bad please don’t shout at me 😄 I just don’t have the time to be putting three or four products on my face before I go to bed! Busy lifestyle and all that. It will probably catch up with me! Having said that this eye cream was a great consistency. It was thick, creamy and nourishing for those pesky under eye areas. The next day after prepping my eyes with this product : it reduced my tired looking eyes and my skin felt hydrated. I give this product a 7/10!
Finally the MOISTURISING NIGHT CREAM. This, again had a very thick consistency (I’m guessing because this range is particularly good for dry skin the formulas are thick and creamy bases). I love an extra creamy night time product, you’re asleep for around 8 hours and those 8 hours are vital for rejuvenating your skin to prepare you for the next day ahead. I give the night cream a 9/10.
Thanks for reading my Arbonne review. I haven’t tried these products before but I will be making future purchases. I love that the brand are vegan certified using only beneficial healthy ingredients it’s definitely one you should try too!
YOUTUBE Miniature Milk
FACEBOOK Miniature Milk